Salmon Niçoise Salad made with salmon baked with pesto on top. Green beans, hard-boiled eggs and cooked potatoes make it a satisfying and updated twist on the classic composed salad
6 small thin-skinned potatoes, about ¾ lb.
4 3 to 4-ounce portions sustainably sourced salmon, skin removed
1 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
4 tablespoons pesto, divided
8 cups clean salad greens, such as spinach, mesclun greens or green leaf lettuce
3 hard boiled eggs, peeled and cut into wedges
2 cups green beans, trimmed
½ cup sliced radishes
½ cup nicoise salad dressing
Freshly ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil. Lightly coat foil with cooking spray.
- Cover potatoes generously with cold water in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium (or to maintain a simmer) and cook until the potatoes are tender when pierced with a fork, 13 to 15 minutes. Drain and let cool on cutting board.
- Meanwhile sprinkle ½ teaspoon salt all over salmon. Place the salmon, skinned side down on the foil, and spread 2 tablespoons pesto over them, dividing evenly. Transfer the baking sheet to the oven and bake until the salmon is just cooked through and flakes apart when tested with a knife, 8 to 12 minutes depending on thickness of the salmon.
- Bring 1 inch of water to a boil in a medium saucepan fitted with a steamer basket. Steam green beans until crisp tender, about 4 minutes. Rinse under cold water and drain
- Cut the potatoes into quarters. Toss with the remaining ½ teaspoon salt and the remaining 2 tablespoons pesto in a medium bowl.
- Divide the greens among 4 large plates. Arrange eggs, radishes, olives, the potatoes, the salmon and the green beans over the greens dividing evenly. Drizzle with dressing and season with pepper.
You can sub 1 cup shelled edamame for the green beans if you prefer.
*Tip – To hard boil eggs: Place eggs in the bottom of a small saucepan, cover with cold water by several inches. Bring to a gentle boil over high heat. Boil gently for 10 minutes. Drain, run cool water over the eggs until cool enough to peel.
To Make this recipe Whole30 compliant, Paleo and dairy free, use this whole30 pesto.
- Serving Size: 1 salad
- Calories: 510
- Sugar: 5
- Fat: 30
- Saturated Fat: 3
- Unsaturated Fat: 3
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 21
- Fiber: 4
- Protein: 32