Healthy composed salad Niçoise with salmon baked with pesto on top. Green beans, hard-boiled eggs and cooked potatoes make it a satisfying gluten-free and grain-free entree.
6 small thin-skinned potatoes, about ¾ lb.
4 3 to 4-ounce portions sustainably sourced salmon, skin removed
1 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
4 tablespoons pesto, divided
8 cups clean salad greens, such as spinach, mesclun greens or green leaf lettuce
3 hard boiled eggs, peeled and cut into wedges
2 cups green beans, trimmed
½ cup sliced radishes
½ cup nicoise salad dressing
Freshly ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil. Lightly coat foil with cooking spray.
- Cover potatoes generously with cold water in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium (or to maintain a simmer) and cook until the potatoes are tender when pierced with a fork, 13 to 15 minutes. Drain and let cool on cutting board.
- Meanwhile sprinkle ½ teaspoon salt all over salmon. Place the salmon, skinned side down on the foil, and spread 2 tablespoons pesto over them, dividing evenly. Transfer the baking sheet to the oven and bake until the salmon is just cooked through and flakes apart when tested with a knife, 8 to 12 minutes depending on thickness of the salmon.
- Bring 1 inch of water to a boil in a medium saucepan fitted with a steamer basket. Steam green beans until crisp tender, about 4 minutes. Rinse under cold water and drain
- Cut the potatoes into quarters. Toss with the remaining ½ teaspoon salt and the remaining 2 tablespoons pesto in a medium bowl.
- Divide the greens among 4 large plates. Arrange eggs, radishes, olives, the potatoes, the salmon and the green beans over the greens dividing evenly. Drizzle with dressing and season with pepper.
You can sub 1 cup shelled edamame for the green beans if you prefer.
*Tip – To hard boil eggs: Place eggs in the bottom of a small saucepan, cover with cold water by several inches. Bring to a gentle boil over high heat. Boil gently for 10 minutes. Drain, run cool water over the eggs until cool enough to peel.
- Serving Size: 1 salad
- Calories: 510
- Sugar: 5
- Fat: 30
- Saturated Fat: 3
- Unsaturated Fat: 3
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 21
- Fiber: 4
- Protein: 32
Keywords: salmon salad nicoise,salmon nicoise,salad nicoise,pesto salmon