This side dish is a favorite all winter long and into the spring. Today I made a mix of root vegetables and added in some whole Brussels sprouts. I roasted everything together then tossed it with fresh tender spring herbs and lemon zest.
- 4 medium-small thin-skinned potatoes, cut into 1 ¼–inch chunks (11 oz or 2 cups)
- 4 large carrots, peeled and oblique cut into 3/4 –inch chunks (8 oz or 2 cups)
- 2 small celeriac, peeled and cut into 1 ¼-inch chunks (about 13 oz or 3 cups)
- 3 cups Brussels sprouts, trimmed (halved if very large) (10 oz)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon coarse kosher salt or to taste
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- ¼ cup chopped tender herbs, such as chives, dill, tarragon and chervil
- zest from one lemon, or to taste
- Arrange oven rack in center of oven. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Toss potatoes, carrots, celeriac and Brussels sprouts with oil, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Spread out on large rimmed baking sheet. Roast, stirring twice, until the vegetables are tender and browning, 30 to 38 minutes. Return the vegetables to the bowl and add the herbs and zest. Toss to coat. Serve warm.
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 132
- Sugar: 4 g
- Sodium: 794 mg
- Fat: 6 g
- Saturated Fat: 1 g
- Carbohydrates: 19 g
- Fiber: 4 g
- Protein: 4 g