If you are looking for a super-easy way to turn baby carrots into a family-friendly side dish, then this recipe for Roasted Baby Carrots is your answer.
- 1 pound peeled baby-cut carrots
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Place rack in the middle of oven along with a large, rimmed baking sheet. Preheat oven to 425’F.
- Pat the carrots dry to remove any excess moisture. Toss the carrots with oil, salt and pepper.
- Spread the carrots out onto the pan. Roast, stirring once or twice until just tender, 18 to 20 minutes.
Variations To Try
After the carrots come out of the oven you can flavor them with one of these ideas:
- Lemon Harissa: Whisk together 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice and 1 teaspoon harissa paste in the bowl. When the carrots are done, toss the roasted carrots with mixture and serve immediately.
- Herbs: Once they are done cooking, sprinkle on 2 teaspoons chopped herbs. We love dill or tarragon with roasted carrots, or try a combination of shage, thyme and chives.
- Pesto: Another instant lift is to use fresh basil pesto! Add one tablespoon of pesto to the roasted carrots and toss to coat!
Whole baby carrots with tops can be substituted for peeled baby cut carrots. Purchase 1 bunch (about 1 ¼ – 1 ½ pounds) then peel and trim tops to about 1 inch before roasting. Roast for 20 to 25 minutes depending on the size and thickness of the carrots. If carrots are large (more than about 1 inch in diameter), slice in half lengthwise.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 3/4 cup
- Calories: 79
- Sugar: 5 g
- Sodium: 224 mg
- Fat: 4 g
- Carbohydrates: 11 g
- Fiber: 3 g
- Protein: 1 g
Keywords: roasted baby carrots,how to roast baby carrots,baby carrots side dish,baked baby carrots