If you are looking for a super-easy way to turn baby carrots into a family-friendly side dish, then this recipe for Roasted Baby Carrots is your answer.
- Place rack in the middle of oven along with a large, rimmed baking sheet. Preheat oven to 425’F.
- Pat the carrots dry to remove any excess moisture. Toss the carrots with oil, salt and pepper.
- Spread the carrots out onto the pan. Roast, stirring once or twice until just tender, 18 to 20 minutes.
Ingredient Note: Whole baby carrots with tops can be substituted for peeled baby cut carrots. Purchase 1 bunch (about 1 ¼ – 1 ½ pounds) then peel and trim tops to about 1 inch before roasting. Roast for 20 to 25 minutes depending on the size and thickness of the carrots. If carrots are large (more than about 1 inch in diameter), slice in half lengthwise.
Variations To Try
After the carrots come out of the oven you can flavor them with one of these ideas:
- Lemon Harissa: Whisk together 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice and 1 teaspoon harissa paste in the bowl. When the carrots are done, toss the roasted carrots with mixture and serve immediately.
- Herbs: Once they are done cooking, sprinkle on 2 teaspoons chopped herbs. We love dill or tarragon with roasted carrots, or try a combination of shage, thyme and chives.
- Pesto: Another instant lift is to use fresh basil pesto! Add one tablespoon of pesto to the roasted carrots and toss to coat!
- Serving Size: 3/4 cup
- Calories: 79
- Sugar: 5 g
- Sodium: 224 mg
- Fat: 4 g
- Carbohydrates: 11 g
- Fiber: 3 g
- Protein: 1 g