These raspberry chocolate chunk cookies are soft and chewy, but slightly crisp along the edges. The subtle lemon and vanilla flavors pair with the fruit and chocolate in an unexpected and delicious way! Make them for a Valentine’s treat, or as a fun baking project to enjoy with children.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup whole-wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 8 tablespoons (1/2 cup) unsalted butter, softened
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- ½ cups old fashioned rolled oats
- 1 1/3 cup frozen raspberries
- 1 cup chocolate chunks
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Line two large, rimmed baking sheets with parchment paper. Whisk flour, whole wheat flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl.
- Beat butter, sugar, brown sugar and lemon zest with an electric mixer on medium until the butter is completely creamed into the sugar.
- Add egg and beat to combine. Beat in vanilla and lemon juice.
- Stir the flour mixture into the butter mixture on low until just combined. Beat in oats on low until just combined.
- Roughly chop raspberries with a sharp chef’s knife until they are in pieces about the size of a pea.
- Add the raspberries and chocolate chunks to the cookie dough and beat on low only until they are just incorporated. Do not overmix.
- Scoop 1 tablespoon balls of dough onto the prepared baking sheets. Bake, one at a time, rotating about halfway through, until the cookies are spread and set up, 15 to 18 minutes (they will not be browned and may look undercooked.)
- Let cool on the pan for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool. Repeat with the remaining pan of cookies.
- Tip: For best results add the raspberries to the dough while still frozen. Try not to stir too much once the chocolate and raspberries are added in.
- Make Ahead: These cookies last at room temperature for three days. Store them layered between parchment in an airtight container. Can be frozen up to one month.
- Prep Time: 25 Minutes
- Cook Time: 45 Minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 98
- Sugar: 8 g
- Fat: 4 g
- Carbohydrates: 15 g
- Fiber: 1 g
- Protein: 1 g
Keywords: Raspberry Cookies, Raspberry Chocolate Chip Cookies, Raspberry Lemon Cookies