Just in time to help you survive this summer’s heatwave meet my refreshingly delicious Pineapple Coconut Sorbet. Super bonus that it is gluten free, low fat, and vegan too!!
- 1 ¼ cup pineapple juice
- ¾ cup sugar
- ¼ cup agave syrup
- 1 tablespoon chopped lemongrass
- 1 tablespoon lime zest
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger root
- Pinch salt
- 1 15-ounce can “lite” coconut milk
- Stir pineapple juice, sugar, agave syrup, lemongrass, lime zest, lime juice, ginger root and salt in a small saucepan. Bring to a simmer stirring occasionally until the sugar is completely dissolved. Stir in the coconut milk.
- Chill the sorbet base by placing the saucepan in a bowl of ice water (ice bath) or in the refrigerator until cold. Strain into ice cream maker and process according to manufacturers instructions. Transfer the sorbet to a sealable container and place in the freezer until firm, or enjoy while still soft and creamy.
Special Equipment: Ice Cream Maker.
11 g Added Sugars, 0 mg Cholesterol
- Serving Size: 1/2 cup each
- Calories: 85
- Sugar: 14 g
- Sodium: 2.4 mg
- Fat: 2.7 g
- Saturated Fat: 2.4 g
- Carbohydrates: 16 g
- Fiber: 0.5 g
- Protein: 0.4 g