This ginger cilantro sweet potato salad is the perfect dish to serve at backyard barbecues. Bonus: it’s naturally gluten-free, paleo and vegan!
- 3 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- ¾ teaspoon salt or more to taste
- ½ cup sliced scallions
- ½ cup chopped cilantro
- Bring 2 inches of water to a boil in a pot fitted with a steamer basket attachment. Add sweet potato and steam until tender when tested with a fork, 15 to 20 minutes. Remove steamer basket and spread the potatoes out on a baking sheet to cool quickly, about 15 minutes.
- Whisk oil, lime, ginger and salt in a large bowl. Add the potatoes, scallions and cilantro and toss to coat. Refrigerate to cool completely, about 1 hour 20 minutes.
- Serving Size: 3/4 cup
- Calories: 220
- Sugar: 8 g
- Sodium: 310 mg
- Fat: 8 g
- Saturated Fat: 1 g
- Carbohydrates: 38 g
- Fiber: 5 g
- Protein: 3 g
Keywords: sweet potato salad, vegan potato salad, healthy potato salad