Paleo Egg Muffins with sausage and broccoli are an easy meal-prep recipe for a high-protein low-carb breakfast. They’re like a mini omelet made in a muffin tin!
Cooking Spray, avocado oil or Ghee
10 ounces hot Italian pork sausage, casings removed
2 cups chopped broccoli
10 large eggs
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon ground black pepper
½ teaspoon paprika
- Lightly coat a large non-stick skillet with cooking spray, set over medium-high heat and add sausage. Cook and crumble until the sausage is broken into small pieces, browned and cooked through.
- Place broccoli in a medium microwave safe dish, splash on 2 tablespoons water, cover and microwave for 2 minutes. Carefully remove cover (steam will escape!)
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 350 degrees F and coat a 12-cup muffin tray (generously) with cooking spray, oil or ghee.
- Combine eggs, mustard, salt and pepper in a large bowl and whisk well Pour egg mixture through a fine mesh sieve into a large measuring cup.
- Divide the sausage and vegetables evenly among the muffin tins. Pour the egg mixture over the sausage and veggies, dividing evenly. Sprinkle on paprika.
- Bake the egg muffins until puffed and cooked through, 20 to 23 minutes. Let cool in the muffin tins until warm. Run a knife along the edges of the pan, and remove the egg muffins.
Feel free to sub in pre-cooked chicken sausage or smoked sausage. Just cut into small bite-sized chunks.
Frozen chopped broccoli can be subbed for the fresh. Just measure out 2 cups frozen, then thaw and drain. No need to cook it.
- Serving Size: 2 egg muffins
- Calories: 293
- Sugar: 0
- Fat: 23 g
- Saturated Fat: 8 g
- Carbohydrates: 3 g
- Protein: 18 g