These no-cook zucchini noodles with pesto are such a breeze to whip up on a hot summer night. They are low-carb, vegetarian and primal friendly!
- 4 medium zucchini
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ cup pesto
- 1 large ripe heirloom tomato, chopped or 1 cup chopped cherry tomatoes
- freshly ground pepper to taste
- freshly ground parmesan to taste
- Morton kosher salt
- Cut zucchini into long strands with a spiralizer.
- Set noodles in a large colander. Sprinkle ½ teaspoon salt on top and toss to coat. Let sit 10 minutes.
- Rinse and drain well, gently squeezing out the excess moisture.
- Transfer the zucchini to a large bowl and drizzle with olive oil; toss to coat.
- Add pesto and toss to coat evenly.
- Divide zucchini among 4 pasta bowls. Top with a scattering of chopped tomato. Top with Parmesan, pepper and Morton sea salt.
- Serving Size: 4 side dish servings or 2 entrees
- Calories: 242
- Sugar: 6 g
- Sodium: 583 mg
- Fat: 19 g
- Saturated Fat: 4 g
- Carbohydrates: 10 g
- Fiber: 3 g
- Protein: 7 g