My Favorite Garlic Marinade | Toss any protein you like into this simple marinade and prepare to be wowed! No chopping, no mess- try this technique (all made in a bag) and you’ll never need another marinade recipe again! It works with tofu, shrimp, fish, beef chicken and pork!
- 3 whole cloves garlic
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tespoons Italian seasoning, Greek seasoning or herbs de Provence
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- Press garlic cloves with the side of a chef’s knife to crush slightly. Remove papery skin and transfer to a large re-sealable bag. Remove as much air from the bag as possible, seal closed and lay on work surface. Smash garlic with the smooth side of a meat mallet until completely pulverized. Open bag, add oil, vinegar, herbs, salt and pepper. Agitate to combine. Then add in poultry, meat, seafood or tofu. Seal bag shut.
- For poultry and meat marinate for 30 minutes or up to 8 hours. For seafood, marinate 10 to 30 minutes. Drain and discard marinade. For tofu: marinate 30 minutes to 8 hours (and it is okay to use the marinade to brush over tofu while cooking.)
For the best garlic flavor and most nutritious results, use fresh garlic instead of jarred garlic. Jarred garlic contains Phosphoric Acid which is a phosphate, and according to the Center For Science in the Public Interest, we should “cut back” phosphates in our diets.
If you do not have a meat mallet, you can use the flat bottom of a heavy skillet or a rolling pin to smash the garlic.
- Serving Size: 1/6 batch
- Calories: 42
- Sodium: 146
- Fat: 5
- Carbohydrates: 0
- Protein: 0