These Moroccan Carrots are a favorite healthy and flavorful side dish. They are loaded with garlic, vinegar and cumin! They are a great make-ahead side dish for summertime potlucks, barbecues and parties because you can serve them room temperature or chilled.
- 5 cups peeled and chopped carrots
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 teaspoon coarse kosher salt
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 1 cup chopped parsley
- Bring a large pot of heavily salted water to a boil. Add carrots and cook until just tender, 3 to 5 minutes. Drain well.
- Meanwhile peel and roughly chop garlic. Sprinkle with salt and chop and mash with the side of a chef’s knife to form a smooth paste. Scrape garlic into a large mixing bowl. Whisk in vinegar, oil and cumin.
- Stir hot carrots into the dressing. Add parsley and stir to coat. Serve room temperature or chilled.
0 mg Cholesterol, 0 g Added Sugar
- Serving Size: 3/4 cup each
- Calories: 80
- Sugar: 2 g
- Sodium: 320 mg
- Fat: 7 g
- Saturated Fat: 1 g
- Carbohydrates: 4 g
- Fiber: 1 g
- Protein: 1 g