Mexican Pasta Salad with corn, black beans, tomatoes, cilantro and jalapeño is a delicious side dish salad to make for summer cookouts. The creamy Greek yogurt dressing with spices and lime add so much unique flavor!
10 ounces bowtie pasta
½ cup Greek yogurt, preferably fat free
2 tablespoons mayonnaise
1 lime, juiced
1 tablespoon honey
1 tablespoon ground cumin
1 ¼ teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon chili powder
1 teaspoon smoked paprika
1 15-ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed
1 jalapeno, minced, or to taste (optional)
1 cup frozen (or fresh) corn, thawed
1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
½ cup chopped cilantro
¼ cup finely diced red onion
- Cook pasta according to package instructions. Drain and rinse with cold water.
- Whisk yogurt and mayonnaise in a large bowl. Add lime juice, honey, cumin, salt, chili powder and smoked paprika and whisk to combine.
- Add the pasta and stir to combine. Add black beans, jalapeno, corn, tomatoes, cilantro and red onion. Stir to combine. Serve immediately or chill.
Make Ahead Instructions
- You can make the pasta, and rinse it with water. Then drizzle two teaspoons of olive oil or another neutral salad oil over the pasta and stir to coat it. Transfer it to a resealable container. It won’t stick together this way.
- Whisk the dressing together up to three days in advance. Store it in a jar or resealable container.
- Cut the vegetables up to four hours in advance and keep separate.
- When you are ready to serve everything, get out a big mixing bowl and stir it all together. For the prettiest presentation, then transfer it to a serving bowl so the edges of your bowl will be clean.
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 187 cal
- Sugar: 5 g
- Sodium: 387 mg
- Fat: 3 g
- Saturated Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 34 g
- Fiber: 3 g
- Protein: 7 g