Turn canned light tuna into a flavorful meal in just 10 minutes. This is a no-mayo tuna salad with Mediterranean flavors including black olives, roasted red peppers, basil and lemon.
1 can sustainable light tuna packed in water, with salt, drained
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
Freshly ground pepper, to taste
1 scallion minced
1 stalk celery, finely chopped
¼ cup minced roasted red pepper
2 tablespoons chopped olives
1 tablespoon chopped basil
4 leaves butterhead lettuce, washed and dried
- Mash tuna in a medium bowl.
- Add lemon juice, oil, pepper and salt and toss to coat.
- Add scallion, celery, red pepper, olives and basil and stir to combine.
- Divide lettuce leaves between two plates. Top with the tuna salad and serve.
You can substitute 1 6 ounce drained can salmon instead of tuna.
The tuna salad can be made up to 1 day ahead. Top the lettuce with the tuna just before serving.
- Serving Size: 2 pieces lettuce and about 3/4 cup tuna salad
- Calories: 260
- Sugar: 2 g
- Sodium: 286 mg
- Fat: 21 g
- Saturated Fat: 3 g
- Carbohydrates: 4 g
- Fiber: 1 g
- Protein: 24 g