Our recipe for Mediterranean Lavash Wraps is made with a filling of roasted onion, peppers and eggplant combined with chickpeas, black olives, lemon, feta and mint. The lavash flatbreads are spread with tzatziki to bring all of the fresh flavors together for a hearty vegetarian wrap for lunch or dinner.
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon coarse kosher salt
- 1 small sweet onion, cut into chunks
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 2 cups cubed eggplant
- 1 cup canned, drained and rinsed chickpeas
- ¼ cup pitted and roughly chopped Greek olives, such as calamata
- ¼ cup crumbled feta cheese
- ¼ cup chopped mint or parsley
- ½ lemon, juiced
- 4 lavash breads, warmed if desired
- 1 cup Tzatziki (purchased or homemade)
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Stir 3 tablespoons oil, garlic, oregano and salt in a large bowl. Add onion and bell bell pepper and stir to coat. Add in eggplant and stir well. Spread the vegetables out over a large baking sheet and transfer to the oven. Roast, stirring once or twice until they are soft and the onions are starting to brown, about 25 minutes. Let cool slightly.
- Combine chickpeas, olives, feta and mint (or parsley) in a medium bowl. Drizzle with the remaining 1 tablespoon oil and lemon and toss to coat.
- Spread Tzatziki over the lavash. Divide the roasted vegetables among the lavash, piling along one side. Top with the chickpea mixture. Wrap up, sealing the edge with the tzatziki. Cut in half before serving.
Make Ahead & Meal Prep Option
The roasted veggies and chickpea salad can be made one day before assembling. Combine the veggies with the chickpea mixture and refrigerate in a sealed container. Just make sure to drain off any excess liquid before adding the filling to the wraps.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 25 mins
- Category: Main Course
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: Mediterranean
- Serving Size: 1 wrap (2 halves)
- Calories: 474
- Sugar: 12 g
- Fat: 27 g
- Saturated Fat: 6 g
- Carbohydrates: 48 g
- Fiber: 10 g
- Protein: 20 g
Keywords: Lavash wraps,lavash wraps recipe,lavash wraps with roasted vegetables,vegetable lavash wraps