Yummy gluten-free soft tacos made with maple chipotle marinated flank steak with zippy coleslaw and avocado tucked inside warm corn tortillas
- 3 chipotle chilis in adobo sauce, minced
- ¼ cup plus 2 teaspoons pure maple syrup, dark or amber
- 5 tablespoons cider vinegar, divided
- 1 ½ teaspoons salt, divided
- 1 small grass-fed flank steak, about 1 ½ pounds
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 3 cups finely chopped cabbage
- ½ cup julienne-cut radishes
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped cilantro leaves
- 1 avocado, diced
- 12 corn tortillas, warmed
- Whisk chipotle, ¼ cup maple syrup, 3 tablespoons vinegar and 1 teaspoon salt in a small bowl. Place flank steak in a large re-sealable plastic bag, and add chipotle mixture. Re-seal and turn to coat. Refrigerate for 12 to 24 hours.
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat. Remove steak from the marinade and discard any remaining marinade. Oil grill rack and add flank steak. Grill steaks, 5 to 7 minutes per side for medium rare, 6 to 7 for medium and 8 minutes per side for medium-well. Let rest 10 minutes while preparing slaw.
- Whisk the remaining 2 teaspoons maple syrup, the remaining 2 tablespoons vinegar, the remaining ½ teaspoon salt and oil in a medium bowl. Add cabbage, radishes and cilantro and toss to combine.
- Slice the flank steak into thin strips, across the grain. Fill tortillas with steak and slaw and top with avocado.
- Serving Size: 2 tacos
- Calories: 322
- Sugar: 14 g
- Sodium: 459 mg
- Fat: 11 g
- Saturated Fat: 1 g
- Carbohydrates: 36 g
- Fiber: 6 g
- Protein: 19 g