This easy healthy Ranch Dip and Veggies is super easy and makes a quick and crowd-pleasing appetizer. It is also super for a snack.
- 1 16-ounce container fat-free cottage cheese
- 1 small shallot, chopped
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons powdered buttermilk, such as SACO, see *ingredient note
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon each chopped chives, dill and basil
- ¾ teaspoons salt
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- fresh raw and blanched and chilled veggies for serving
- Puree cottage cheese in food processor fitted with steel blade attachment, scraping down sides occasionally, until completely smooth, about 2 minutes.
- Add shallot, mayonnaise, buttermilk powder, vinegar, herbs, salt and pepper and process until completely incorporated.
- Serve with the vegetables.
Buttermilk powder is a great item for your pantry because it doesn’t spoil as quickly as fresh buttermilk. I love to use it in reduced-fat dressings and dips to boost the flavor without a lot of calories or fat. It works well here because it adds a more intense tangy flavor without thinning out the dip with liquid buttermilk. It’s available in the baking isle of large supermarkets and on amazon.
- Serving Size: 3 tablespoons
- Calories: 43 calories
- Sugar: 1.5 g
- Fat: 1 g
- Saturated Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 4 g
- Fiber: 0 g
- Protein: 4 g