Lemon and coriander lentils with dill and sweet onion are arranged in bowls with quinoa, feta and cucumber.
- 1 ½ cup vegetable broth (or water plus a pinch salt)
- ¾ cup rinsed quinoa
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 sweet onion, diced
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons coriander seeds, broken or crushed in a mortar and pestle
- 1 15 ounce can lentils, drained and rinsed (1 1/3 cups cooked lentils)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh dill
- ½ cup crumbled feta cheese, optional
- ½ cucumber, very thinly sliced
- lemon wedges and dill sprigs for garnish
- Bring broth or water to a boil in a medium sauce pan. Add quinoa and return to a simmer. Cover, reduce heat to maintain a gentle simmer and cook until the quinoa germ bursts and it is just tender, 18 to 22 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and salt and cook, stirring often until the onion is softened and starting to brown, 6 to 8 minutes. Add coriander seeds, and cook, stirring until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add lentils and lemon juice and cook, stirring often until heated through, 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in chopped dill.
- Arrange bowls by layering cooked quinoa, the lentils, and top with feta, cucumber, dill sprigs and lemon wedges.
17 mg Cholesterol, 0 g Added Sugars
- Serving Size: 1 1/2 cups each
- Calories: 217
- Sugar: 5 g
- Sodium: 1 g
- Fat: 8 g
- Saturated Fat: 2 g
- Carbohydrates: 26 g
- Fiber: 7 g
- Protein: 4 g