Grilled pork chops with garlic, lemon and rosemary paste with simple arugula salad dressed with lemon and olive oil, topped with shaved Pecorino Toscano cheese.
- 2 cloves garlic
- ½ teaspoon coarse kosher salt, plus a pinch
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 2 teaspoons chopped rosemary
- 4 bone-in pork chops, about 1.75 pounds
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 4 cups baby arugula
- 1 ounce Pecorino Toscano or Pecorino Romano cheese
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat. Mince garlic. Sprinkle ½ teaspoon salt over the garlic and mash with the side of a chef’s knife to create a paste. Set ¼ teaspoon of the paste aside in a large bowl for the dressing and add the remaining pinch of salt to it. Scrape the remaining garlic paste into a small dish for the lemon rosemary paste. Add lemon zest and rosemary and stir to combine.
- Rub rosemary mixture over both sides of the pork chops. Sprinkle with pepper.
- Grill Pork chops until just barley pink in the center, 3 to 5 minutes per side.
- Whisk lemon juice, olive oil and Dijon in the large bowl with the garlic paste.
- Add arugula to the dressing. Toss to coat. Serve pork chops with the arugula and top with the Pecorino.
The pork can be rubbed with the lemon zest garlic mixture up to 6 hours in advance. Keep covered and refrigerated. When you are ready to grill the pork, toss the salad just before serving.
How To Know When The Pork Is Done
Since grills vary and the thickness of the pork will impact the timing on the doneness of the pork, it is important to use the timing (3 to 5 minutes per side) as a guide only. The best way to tell if grilled pork chops are done is to use an instant-read thermometer. Place the tip of the thermometer into the meat near the bone. It is important not to touch the bone itself as this will not give an accurate reading of the meat. It should read 145 to 150 degrees F for medium-rare. For well-done pork continue grilling until the internal temperature is 155 to 160 degrees F.
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Main Course
- Method: Grilling
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 porkchop, 3/4 cup salad
- Calories: 302
- Fat: 14 g
- Saturated Fat: 5 g
- Carbohydrates: 4 g
- Fiber: 3 g
- Protein: 43 g
Keywords: grilled pork chops,lemon rosemary pork chops,healthy pork chops,pork chops and arugula