Grilled pork chops with garlic, lemon and rosemary paste with simple arugula salad dressed with lemon and olive oil, topped with shaved Pecorino Toscano cheese.
- 2 cloves garlic
- ½ teaspoon coarse kosher salt, plus a pinch
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 2 teaspoons chopped rosemary
- 4 bone-in pork chops, about 1.75 pounds
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 4 cups baby arugula
- 1 ounce Pecorino Toscano or Pecorino Romano cheese
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- Mince garlic. Sprinkle ½ teaspoon salt over the garlic and mash with the side of a chef’s knife to create a paste. Set ¼ teaspoon of the paste aside in a large bowl and add the remaining pinch of salt. Scrape the remaining garlic paste into a small dish. Add lemon zest and rosemary and stir to combine.
- Rub rosemary mixture over both sides of the pork chops. Sprinkle with pepper. Grill Pork chops until just barley pink in the center, 3 to 5 minutes per side.
- Whisk lemon juice, olive oil and Dijon in the large bowl with the garlic paste. Add arugula. Toss to coat. Serve pork chops with the arugula and top with the Pecorino.
- Serving Size: 1 porkchop, 3/4 cup salad
- Calories: 302
- Fat: 14 g
- Saturated Fat: 5 g
- Carbohydrates: 4 g
- Fiber: 3 g
- Protein: 43 g