Lemon, almonds, chia and crystallized ginger come together in these simple no-bake snack bars. They are naturally sweetened with Medjool dates and honey, ready in just 15 minutes and have a gluten free version!
- 1 ¼ cup oats, gluten-free if desired
- 2 tablespoons black chia seeds
- 1 cup pitted and chopped soft medjool dates (5 ½ ounces)
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 ½ cup sliced almonds, toasted if desired
- 3 tablespoons chopped crystallized ginger
- Grind oats in food processor until flour like in texture. Add chia seeds and pulse to combine. Empty oat mixture into a medium bowl.
- Grind dates in food processor, scraping sides until paste like. Add honey, lemon zest and lemon juice, and process, scraping sides several times to combine the mixture. Add the oat mixture and process, stopping and scraping until the mixture comes together. Add almonds and ginger and pulse several times to incorporate.
- Spray a 8 by 8-inch baking pan with cooking spray. Scrape the oat date mixture into the pan, and press into the pan with moistened fingertips. Refrigerate to firm, 1 to 12 hours. Cut into 12 bars. Store bars in a Ziploc bag in the refrigerator up to one week.
- Calories: 186
- Sugar: 14 g
- Sodium: 2 mg
- Fat: 9 g
- Saturated Fat: 1 g
- Carbohydrates: 26 g
- Fiber: 5 g
- Protein: 5 g