Here is a basic and easy recipe for sauteed kale with cider vinegar. Simply sautee the onions and kale in olive oil, add some water to allow it to steam, and then finish with cider vinegar after it comes off the heat. Vegan, paleo and naturally gluten-free.
- 4 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- ½ teaspoon coarse kosher salt
- 12 cups chopped kale (stems removed)
- 2 to 4 tablespoons water
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- Heat oil in a large skillet or large Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add onion and salt and cook, stirring often until the onion starts to soften and brown, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add kale and stir to coat with the onions. Add 2 tablespoons water, cover and cook for 2 minutes. Stir again and check if there is moisture on the bottom of the pan. If it has dried up, add 1 to 2 more tablespoons of water. Cover and continue cooking, until the kale is tender, 3 to 5 minutes more.
- Remove lid and stir in vinegar before serving.
0 g Added Sugar, 0 mg Cholesterol
- Serving Size: 1/2 cup
- Calories: 140
- Sugar: 0 g
- Sodium: 360 mg
- Fat: 6 g
- Saturated Fat: 1 g
- Carbohydrates: 20 g
- Fiber: 4 g
- Protein: 8 g