Julienne-cut slaw with honey Sriracha dressing topped with crispy Jerk-spiced salmon filet. Paleo and Gluten Free.
- 3 scallions, root end trimmed
- 3 cups ice water
- 4 teaspoons honey
- 2 teaspoons Sriracha hot sauce
- 4 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 3 teaspoons avocado oil or organic canola oil, divided
- 2 teaspoons flax seed oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1 pound salmon filet, skin removed and cut into 4 portions
- 1 ½ teaspoons Jamaican Jerk seasoning
- 4 cups baby arugula or sunflower sprouts
- 2 cups finely chopped cabbage, julienne cut sweet salad turnips or daikon
- 2 cups julienne cut watermelon radish or radish
- ¼ cup toasted pepitas, toasted
- Cut scallion into two-inch lengths. Cut lengthwise into very thin strips. Submerge scallion strips in the ice water and set aside.
- Stir honey and sriracha in a small dish to combine. Take 2 teaspoons of the honey mixture and transfer it to a large mixing bowl. Add vinegar, 2 teaspoons canola oil, flax oil and ½ teaspoon salt and whisk to combine.
- Sprinkle the remaining ½ teaspoon salt over the salmon. Sprinkle the Jerk seasoning on both sides of the salmon. Heat the remaining 1 teaspoon canola oil in a large heavy skillet over medium-high heat until shimmering but not smoking. Add salmon, skinned-side up, and cook until crispy and browned on the bottom, 4 to 6 minutes. Flip over, remove skillet from the heat and allow to continue cooking with the carry-through heat of the skillet.
- Meanwhile prepare salad: Add cabbage, salad turnips or daikon, radishes and arugula or sunflower sprouts to the large bowl with the dressing and toss to coat. Divide among four plates.
- To serve top the slaw with the salmon. Drizzle with the reserved honey Sriracha mixture and sprinkle with pepitas. Drain the scallions and top the dishes with the scallions.
- Serving Size: 3 1/2 ounces salmon and 2 cups slaw
- Calories: 262
- Sugar: 10 g
- Sodium: 719 mg
- Fat: 11 g
- Saturated Fat: 1 g
- Carbohydrates: 16 g
- Fiber: 4 g
- Protein: 26 g