Jam Thumbprint Cookies made with almond cookies and raspberry jam- flavors just like a Linzer Tart! They are made with whole-grain flour and just enough butter to make them rich and indulgent tasting for a Christmas cookie!
- 3 ½ ounces almonds (about 3/4 cup)
- 2 tablespoons plus ½ cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 cup white whole-wheat flour
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon almond extract
- ¼ cup turbinado sugar
- 3 tablespoons raspberry jam
- Arrange two oven racks evenly spaced in the upper and lower third of the oven. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat two large baking sheets with cooking spray.
- Place almonds and 2 tablespoons brown sugar in food processor. Process until the nuts are finely ground, about 40 seconds. Add whole-wheat flour, flour, baking powder and salt and pulse to combine.
- Beat butter in a mixing bowl with an electric mixture until smooth. Add the remaining ½ cup brown sugar and beat until combined. Scrape sides, add egg, vanilla and almond extract and beat until completely incorporated. Add flour mixture and mix until dough forms.
- Roll dough into 24 balls. Roll balls in turbinado and place on the prepared baking sheets, spacing evenly. Press gently down in the center with thumb or finger to create a slight indent. Whisk jam in a medium bowl until smooth. Pipe from a resealable bag with corner cut off (or use a pastry bag or spoon) filling wells with jam into the center of each.
- Bake, swapping the baking sheets half-way, until the cookies are just lightly golden and set up, 12 to 13 minutes total.
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 110
- Sugar: 8 g
- Sodium: 92 mg
- Fat: 6 g
- Saturated Fat: 3 g
- Carbohydrates: 16 g
- Fiber: 1 g
- Protein: 2 g
Keywords: Christmas Cookies, Christmas,dessert,cookies,thumbprints,almond,raspberry,healthy,whole wheat