This easy Italian Pasta Salad is so good! It’s loaded with artichoke hearts, basil, tomatoes, black olives and a big bright and bold garlic and red wine vinegar dressing to make it pop!
1 16-ounce box fusilli (gluten-free if desired)
1 clove garlic, minced
½ cup best quality extra-virgin olive oil
¼ cup plus 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
1 teaspoon dried Italian Seasoning
1 ½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon pepper
1 14-ounce can quartered artichoke hearts, drained
1 12-ounce jar roasted red peppers, drained and chopped
1 cup chopped scallions
1 cup cherry tomatoes, red and/or yellow, halved
½ cup black olives, pitted and chopped
½ cup chopped fresh basil
- Cook pasta according to package instructions until al dente, about 12 minutes.
- While pasta cooks, whisk garlic, oil, vinegar, mustard, Italian Seasoning, salt and pepper in a large bowl.
- Drain pasta, and immediately add it to the dressing. Toss to coat. Let cool, tossing once or twice, at least 20 minutes. To make ahead, cover and refrigerate up to 12 hours.
- Stir artichoke hearts, roasted peppers, scallions, tomatoes, olives and basil into the pasta. Serve immediately or chill.
- The dressing can be made up to 5 days in advance. Store it in a jar in the refrigerator. It will become solid in the fridge, just bring it up to room temperature and whisk it in a large mixing bowl before adding the hot pasta to it.
- The entire recipe can be prepared through step three up to twelve hours in advance.
- If you cannot find dry Italian Seasoning, substitute 1/2 teaspoon dry oregano and 1/2 teaspoon dry basil
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 239
- Fat: 10 grams
- Carbohydrates: 31
- Fiber: 3 g
- Protein: 6 g
Keywords: pasta salad,pasta,Italian,summer,picnic,barbecue,easy,vegan,healthy