Italian seasoned beef and marinara stuffed portobellos topped with shredded cheese and roasted! A comfort-food mash-up make-over!
- 1 pound ground beef, preferably grass-fed
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons dry breadcrumbs (gluten-free if desired)
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 ¼ teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 large portobello mushroom caps, stems removed and gills scraped out with a spoon
- ¾ cup marinara sauce
- 3 ounces shredded cheese, such as Italian blend or Cabot Alpine
- Place large skillet in oven on center rack. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Gently knead beef, egg, breadcrumbs, Italian seasoning, ¾ teaspoon salt and pepper in a medium bowl. Brush oil all over tops and bottoms of the portobello caps. Sprinkle with the remaining ½ teaspoon kosher salt. Divide the beef mixture into four even amounts, patting them into patties. Fill portobello caps with the beef mixture.
- Remove the hot skillet from the oven. Place portobellos, meat side up into the skillet and return the skillet to the oven. Bake until the beef is browned on top and the mushroom is softened and wilted, 16 to 18 minutes.
- Spoon marinara sauce over the beef and top with cheese. Return to the oven until the meat is cooked through, the marinara is hot and bubbling and the cheese is melted, 4 to 6 minutes longer. Let cool slightly before transferring to plates with a slotted spatula.
115 mg Cholesterol, 0.5 g Added Sugars
- Calories: 320
- Sugar: 7 g
- Sodium: 1260 mg
- Fat: 19 g
- Saturated Fat: 3.5 g
- Carbohydrates: 14 g
- Fiber: 3 g
- Protein: 23 g