Instant Pot Cream of Cauliflower Soup with Cheddar cheese with a slow cooker alternative. Naturally gluten-free.
- 6 cups vegetable or chicken broth
- 1/3 cup beer or 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 2 teaspoons brown deli mustard
- 1 teaspoon dry thyme
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground white pepper
- 2 medium gold or white potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 parsnip or carrot, peeled and chopped
- 6 cups cauliflower florets (about 1 head)
- 8 ounces sharp white cheddar cheese
- ½ cup half and half
- 1. Whisk broth, beer, mustard, thyme, salt and pepper in the insert of an instant pot or a large slow cooker. Add in potatoes, celery, garlic, onion, parsnip, and cauliflower.
- 2. For instant pot close lid and set float valve to seal. Set to high for 10 minutes. If using slow cooker set to low for 8 hours.
- 3. For Instant Pot, when timer goes off, carefully turn valve to release steam (use tongs and oven mits to prevent steam burn.)
- 4. Puree soup with an immersion blender (or very carefully in batches in a blender) to desired smoothness. Stir cheese and half and half into hot pureed soup. Serve hot!
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 245
- Fat: 15 g
- Saturated Fat: 8 g
- Carbohydrates: 17 g
- Fiber: 4 g
- Protein: 10 g