This simple egg-free caesar salad dressing also happens to be naturally gluten free and low carb. It’s snap to make and ready in just 15 minutes!
- 1 small clove garlic
- ½ teaspoon coarse kosher salt
- 4 anchovies, chopped
- ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ cup freshly grated Pecorino Romano cheese
- ¼ cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon cracked black pepper
- Peel and mince garlic clove. Sprinkle salt over the garlic and mash with the side of a chef’s knife to form a smooth paste. Scrape garlic paste into a food processor or blender. Add anchovies, oil, cheese, lemon juice, Dijon and pepper and puree until smooth and pale yellow, about 30 seconds.
To make ahead: Can be made up to one day ahead.
- Serving Size: 2 tablespoons
- Calories: 134
- Fat: 15 g
- Saturated Fat: 2 g
- Carbohydrates: 1 g
- Fiber: 0g
- Protein: 1 g