This step-by-step guide tells you how to microwave spaghetti squash, how to tell when it’s fully cooked, and how to scoop out the seeds.
- Spaghetti squash
- Carefully cut the squash in half lengthwise with a large chef’s knife. Break it apart at the stem.
- Open the squash and scoop out the seeds and pulp.
- Place the squash halves, cut side down, in a large microwave safe casserole dish. (I used a 9 by 13-inch pyrex lasagna dish.) Pour 1 cup tap water over the squash.
- Layer parchment or wax paper over the squash. Then cover with plastic wrap.
- Microwave the squash until it is done. To be safe, microwave the squash in 5-minute intervals (smaller squash will cook faster, while larger squash might need up to 15+ minutes). If you can’t tell if your squash is done, see my notes in the post above for tips on testing the doneness of the squash.
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 31 cal