This Healthy Zucchini Casserole is an easy gluten-free and low-carb recipe to bring to a potluck and it only takes about 15 minutes to prep!
- 4 6-inch corn tortillas, cut into wedges
- 2 ½ pounds zucchini, cut into half moons
- 1 cup chopped green onions or scallions plus more for garnish
- ½ cup green salsa
- ½ teaspoon coarse kosher salt
- 6 ounces shredded cheddar or Cabot Alpine
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9 by 13-inch or similar sized baking dish with cooking spray.
- Spread half of the tortilla wedges in the bottom of the baking dish. Top with half of the zucchini, green onions, salsa and salt. Cover with half of the cheese. Repeat with another layer of tortillas, zucchini, green onion, salsa and salt. Refrigerate the remaining cheese for step three. Cover the casserole in foil.
- Bake until the zucchini is tender, 45 minutes to an hour. Remove foil and top with the remaining cheese and return to the oven. Bake until the cheese is melted, 7 to 10 minutes. Let casserole rest for about 20 minutes before serving garnised with more green onion.
Can be prepared through step 2 up to 8 hours in advance. Keep in refrigerator. Because it is cold, it will take about 1 hour to bake before topping with the cheese.
- Calories: 139
- Sodium: 390
- Fat: 7
- Carbohydrates: 9
- Fiber: 2
- Protein: 8