You’ll adore these fluffy whole-wheat blueberry pancakes. They are bursting with fresh blueberries and made entirely with whole-grain goodness! They are the perfect healthy way to start your morning.
2 cups white whole-wheat flour or whole-wheat flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
½ teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
2 large eggs
1 1/3 cup buttermilk
2 tablespoons avocado oil, melted coconut oil or organic canola oil, plus 1 teaspoon for griddle
1 dry pint blueberries, rinsed and any stems discarded
- Preheat pancake griddle to medium-high heat, or pancake setting on an electric griddle (400 degrees F.)
- While griddle heats, whisk flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl.
- Whisk eggs in a medium bowl. Beat in buttermilk and 2 tablespoons oil.
- Add dry ingredients and stir to combine. Batter will be lumpy. Add blueberries and stir.
- Lightly brush griddle with ½ teaspoon oil. Ladle batter about 1/4 cup at a time onto the griddle, spacing so they do not run together. Cook the pancakes until browned on the bottom, 2 to 4 minutes.
- Carefully flip the pancakes over and continue cooking until browned on the bottom, 2 to 3 minutes. Keep cooked pancakes warm while cooking the remaining batter, re-brushing the griddle with the remaining oil as necessary.
Ingredient Note: Frozen blueberries can be substituted. Add them to the batter while frozen. The pancakes will take slightly longer to cook.
Tip: This recipe can be made in a large non-stick skillet. Make sure to regulate the temperature of the pan between batches as it will get hotter and hotter as you go. Brush with additional oil as necessary.
Make-Ahead: Store leftovers in a resealable container or bag. Can be reheated for 40 seconds per pancake in the microwave.
- Active Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 2 pancakes
- Calories: 315 cals
- Sugar: 10 g
- Fat: 9 g
- Carbohydrates: 46 g
- Fiber: 8 g
- Protein: 11 g
Keywords: whole wheat blueberry pancakes,healthy blueberry pancakes