Fluffy slices of brioche soaked in a cinnamon, maple, and vanilla custard, then baked until golden brown perfection! This Healthy French Toast Casserole is a deliciously easy breakfast, ready in under 30 minutes!
10 oz brioche bread, cut into 1” cubes
1/2 cup maple syrup
2 cups oat milk
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1 cup mixed berries
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Spray a 13×9 inch casserole dish with cooking spray and set aside.
- Add bread cubes to the prepared casserole dish.
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, maple syrup, vanilla, and cinnamon.
- Pour egg mixture over the top of bread cubes, insuring that all pieces of bread are saturated.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake in preheated oven for 30-35 minutes until top is golden brown. Remove from oven and add berries. Sprinkle with powdered sugar if desired.
Why is my french toast soggy?
Too soggy french toast is caused by too much egg mixture. This happens when your bread is too thin or not dry enough. Stale or day-old bread works best for healthy french toast casserole!
What kind of bread is best for french toast casserole?
Brioche, Challah or French Bread is best for french toast casserole. You may also use an easy to digest loaf like sourdough bread !
Additions and substitutions
You may substitute almond milk soy milk for the oat milk in this recipe.
Add 1 teaspoon of orange zest for a extra layer of flavor.
If you have leftovers, store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to three days. Reheat the casserole in your oven at 350 degrees until warm in the center, or microwave individual servings.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 25-30 minutes
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1/6 casserole
- Calories: 372
- Fat: 11 g
- Carbohydrates: 57 g
- Protein: 12 g
Keywords: healthy french toast casserole,french toast casserole