If you are looking for a foolproof method for making deviled eggs without mayo, then these no-may deviled eggs with Greek yogurt are for you! I have all the details on how to hard-cook the eggs and what to add to the filling to make them taste just as creamy and zippy as higher-fat versions.
12 eggs, hard boiled and peeled
½ cup whole milk plain Greek yogurt
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard or 1 to 2 teaspoons yellow mustard
1 ½ teaspoons dill relish, optional
½ teaspoon kosher salt
¼ teaspoon white pepper
Pinch garlic powder
2 tablespoons chopped herbs, such as parsley, chives and tarragon plus chopped chives for garnish, optional
paprika for garnish
- Place eggs in a small saucepan and cover with cold tap water. Bring to a gentle boil over high heat. Set a timer for 10 minutes and reduce the temperature to maintain a gentle boil. When the timer goes off, drain away the boiling water and run cold tap water into the saucepan for a minute to cool the eggs.
- Peel the eggs and carefully cut them in half lengthwise. Pop out yolks and place in a medium bowl. Arrange whites, hollow-side up, on a serving platter.
- Mash yolks with a fork or potato masher. Add yogurt, mustard, relish (if using), salt, pepper and garlic powder and mash until smooth. Add herbs, if using, and stir to combine.
- Transfer the yolk mixture to a piping bag with a large tip (like Ateco 804) or a re-sealable plastic bag and cut off the corner. Pipe yolk mixture into the eggs. Garnish with chives and paprika.
If you have a batch of eggs that aren’t peeling well, crack the shells all over, and then put them back into the pot and fill it with cool tap water. Let them sit in the cool water for several minutes, and this can help loosen the membrane and make it easier to peel. You can also peel them under cool running tap water.
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 deviled egg
- Calories: 40
- Sugar: 0
- Fat: 3 g
- Saturated Fat: 1
- Carbohydrates: 0
- Fiber: 0
- Protein: 3 g
Keywords: Deviled Eggs Without Mayo,Healthy Deviled Eggs,no-mayo deviled eggs,greek yogurt deviled eggs,deviled eggs with greek yogurt,herbed deviled eggs