Our Healthy Potato Salad has all the traditional flavors of a classic potato salad recipe: zippy creamy dressing, crunchy celery and chopped hard-boiled eggs all tossed together with perfectly tender potatoes but it has 150 fewer calories per serving!
2 ½ pounds thin-skinned potatoes, cut into about 1-inch chunks (about 8 cups)
3 large eggs
¾ cup plain non-fat Greek-style yogurt
¼ cup mayonnaise
1 ½ teaspoons sugar (or agave)
2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
2 teaspoons relish (optional)
2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
1 teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
3 stalks celery, finely chopped
½ cup finely diced red onion or scallions
Paprika and chopped fresh parsley for garnish
- Fit a large saucepan or pot with a steamer basket, and fill with water up to the bottom of the steamer. Bring to a boil, add potatoes, cover and cook until just tender, about 15 minutes. Make sure that the water doesn’t boil away.
- Meanwhile, hard boil the eggs. See instructions below in the notes section. Peel and chop them.
- Spread the potatoes out over a baking sheet to cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, whisk Greek yogurt, mayonnaise, sugar, Dijon, relish (if using), vinegar, salt and pepper in a large bowl.
- Stir in the potatoes, celery, eggs and onion (or scallions.) Serve immediately or chill completely before serving, about 4 hours or overnight. Garnish with paprika and parsley if desired, before serving.
How To Make Hard-Boiled Eggs
- To hard-boil the eggs, place three eggs into a small saucepan and cover with cold tap water.
- Bring to a gentle boil over high heat. Set a timer for 10 minutes and reduce the temperature to maintain the gentle boil.
- When the timer goes off, drain away the boiling water and run cold tap water into the saucepan for a minute to cool the eggs.
- Lastly, peel and chop the eggs.
This potato salad can be made two days ahead. Keep refrigerated in an air-tight container or covered with plastic wrap. Stir well and adjust the seasoning. Then garnish just before serving.
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 204
- Sugar: 3 g
- Sodium: 367 mg
- Fat: 12 g
- Saturated Fat: 2 g
- Carbohydrates: 19 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Protein: 6 g
Keywords: healthy potato salad,healthy potato salad with hard boiled eggs,healthier potato salad,healthy classic potato salad,potato salad with Greek Yogurt,low calorie potato salad,low fat potato salad