This healthy pumpkin bread is SO good. It’s made with maple syrup, whole wheat flour, and a whole can of pumpkin. And chocolate chips, of course!
- 1 ¼ cup white whole-wheat flour
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 15-ounce can pumpkin puree
- ½ cup avocado oil or organic canola oil
- ½ cup dark pure maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ¾ cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Generously coat a 8 ½ by 4 ½-inch loaf pan with cooking spray.
- Whisk whole-wheat flour, all-purpose flour,pumpkin pie spice, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl. Whisk eggs, pumpkin, oil, maple syrup and vanilla in a large bowl until smooth. Add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and stir with the silicone spatula until moistened. Add chocolate chips and stir until just combined.
- Spread the batter out into the prepared loaf pan. Bake until the bread has risen and the center springs back when lightly touched, 55 to 58 minutes. Let cool completely in the pan on a wire cooling rack. Run a knife around the edges before turning out and slicing.
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 241
- Fat: 13 g.
- Saturated Fat: 3 g.
- Carbohydrates: 28 g.
- Fiber: 3 g.
- Protein: 4 g.
Keywords: healthy pumpkin bread, chocolate chip pumpkin bread