Healthy Pumpkin Bread with Chocolate Chips is an all-time fan favorite recipe. It is sweetened with all-natural unrefined maple syrup, and uses whole-wheat flour. It is incredibly moist and addictively good! You’ll make it over and over!
- 1 ¼ cup white whole-wheat flour
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 15-ounce can pumpkin puree
- ½ cup avocado oil or organic canola oil
- ½ cup dark pure maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ¾ cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Generously coat a 8 ½ by 4 ½-inch loaf pan with cooking spray.
- Whisk whole-wheat flour, all-purpose flour,pumpkin pie spice, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl. Whisk eggs, pumpkin, oil, maple syrup and vanilla in a large bowl until smooth. Add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and stir with the silicone spatula until moistened. Add chocolate chips and stir until just combined.
- Spread the batter out into the prepared loaf pan. Bake until the bread has risen and the center springs back when lightly touched, 58 to 65 minutes. Test with a toothpick to make sure there is no uncooked batter in the center. Let cool completely in the pan on a wire cooling rack. Run a knife around the edges before turning out and slicing.
I prefer to use dark maple syrup when cooking. It has the strongest maple flavor. Note that baked goods sweetened with maple syrup have a darker color.
White whole wheat flour can be substituted one for one with whole wheat flour. I like white whole wheat because it is lighter in color and it has a less pronounced wheaty flavor.
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 241
- Fat: 13 g
- Saturated Fat: 3 g
- Carbohydrates: 28 g
- Fiber: 3 g
- Protein: 4 g