This Healthy Chicken Parmesan is a keeper! It’s ready in 30 minutes and tastes like the classic dish even though it’s much healthier.
- ⅔ cup (64 g) almond flour
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 pound (455 g) organic chicken tenders
- 4 slices provolone cheese
- ½ cup (50 g) grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 jar (24 ounces, or 680 g) organic spaghetti sauce, heated
- In a small bowl, combine the almond flour, basil, oregano, and sea salt.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat the olive oil.
- Meanwhile, dip each piece of chicken in the spiced flour, coating evenly and completely. Put the coated chicken in the hot oil, and let it sear and cook on one side for 4 minutes. Then, flip, top with the provolone cheese and sprinkle on the Parmesan cheese. Cover and cook for 4 minutes more, or until the cheese is melted completely.
- Assemble your bowls: spaghetti or zucchini noodles if using, sauce, and chicken.
- Calories: 586
- Sugar: 13 g
- Sodium: 526 mg
- Fat: 35 g
- Saturated Fat: 7 g
- Carbohydrates: 29 g
- Fiber: 8 g
- Protein: 37 g