You will probably want to make a double batch because everyone will want seconds of this Broccoli Salad Recipe! It’s a healthier version of the classic version my grandmother made with Bacon, Cheddar and creamy dressing, but it is still absolutely delicious!
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt, preferable low-fat or non-fat
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons brown mustard
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 4 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 shallot, minced
- 5 cups chopped raw broccoli
- 1 cup finely chopped fennel bulb
- 1 cup shredded shredded extra-sharp cheddar cheese, preferably Vermont (4 ounces)
- Whisk yogurt, mayonnaise, mustard, vinegar, salt and pepper in a large bowl until smooth. Add bacon, shallot, broccoli, fennel and cheddar and stir to coat with the dressing.
To Make Ahead: The dressing can be made up to 5 days ahead. Store in a covered container in the refrigerator. The salad can be made in its entirely two days ahead. Stir again to redistribute the dressing just before serving.
Note about the Mustard: I added a relatively bold amount of brown deli mustard to this broccoli salad dressing to play off the cheddar cheese. It makes it taste cheesier, that way you can get away with only using 4 ounces of cheese per batch. If you’re not a big mustard fan, or prefer a more mild dressing, drop the mustard to 1 tablespoon. If you’re wondering if you can sub in Dijon instead, that is fine, but it is much stronger than Brown Deli mustard, so only use 2 1/2 teaspoons of Dijon.
- Serving Size: 1 cup each
- Calories: 170 cal
- Fat: 14 g
- Saturated Fat: 5 g
- Carbohydrates: 6 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Protein: 7 g