These juicy Grilled Greek Chicken Thighs are summertime grilling perfection! The boneless thighs are marinated in easy garlic, lemon and herb marinade which gives them an utterly irresistible Meditteranean flavor. Then all that’s left to do is fire up the grill for a simple summertime dinner recipe.
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 lemon, juiced plus lemon wedges for serving
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for serving
2 teaspoons dried oregano
1 ¼ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon dried thyme
½ teaspoon ground pepper
6 boneless skinless chicken thighs (1 ½ to 2 pounds)
Freshly chopped flat-leaf parsley, for garnish
- Whisk garlic, lemon, olive oil, oregano, salt, thyme and pepper in a shallow baking dish.
- Add the chicken and turn to coat in the marinade. Marinate for 2 to 8 hours.
- Preheat grill to high heat. Drain the chicken and discard the marinade. Pat dry with paper towels.
- Grill, turning occasionally until the chicken registers 165 degrees F when tested with an instant-read thermometer, 10 to 13 minutes.
- Let the chicken rest for 5 minutes, loosely tented with foil. Serve with parsley and lemon wedges and drizzle with additional olive oil if desired.
Do not marinate longer than 8 hours or the outer surface of the chicken will be dried out and tough. If you need to make it in further in advance, you can marinate it for eight hours, drain it and pat it dry. Cover and refrigerate until ready to grill.
- Serving Size: 1 thigh
- Calories: 259
- Sugar: 1 g
- Fat: 13 g
- Carbohydrates: 5 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Protein: 31 g