These Cobb salads have an unusual twist! We’ve added grilled corn and peaches on top, in addition to the traditional cobb salad toppings of bacon, hard boiled eggs and blue cheese. Home made honey mustard dressing, and crunchy pecans make it utterly irresistible!
for the dressing
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and chopped
- ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup honey
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar or cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
for the salad
- 2 teaspoon organic canola oil or avocado oil
- 2 large peaches, pits removed and cut into quarters
- 2 ears corn on the cob, shucked
- 1 head green leaf or or 2 small heads little gem lettuce, cut and cleaned (8 cups)
- 4 hard boiled eggs, peeled and cut into wedges see tip*
- 4 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- ½ cup crumbled blue cheese (2 oz)
- ¼ cup chopped toasted pecans
- ½ cup honey mustard dressing
- Make Dressing: Puree garlic, oil honey, vinegar, mustard, salt and pepper in a blender, in a mini prep or in a jar with an immersion blender until smooth.
- Make Salad: Preheat grill to medium heat.
- Brush oil over peaches and corn with a silicone pastry brush. Grill, turning once or twice until hot and charred in spots, 8 to 10 minutes. Let cool slightly. Cut corn kernels off the cob.
- Divide greens among four plates. Top with eggs, bacon, blue cheese, and pecans, dividing evenly. Top with the grilled peaches and corn and drizzle with dressing (reserve the remaining 1/2 cup dressing for another use), dividing evenly.
*Tip – To hard boil eggs: Place eggs in the bottom of a small saucepan, cover with cold water by several inches. Bring to a gentle boil over high heat. Allow to boil for 1 full minute. Remove from heat and let stand 12 minutes in the hot water. Drain, run cool water over and cool.
- Serving Size: 4 cups
- Calories: 455
- Sugar: 17 grams
- Sodium: 654 mg
- Fat: 34
- Saturated Fat: 6
- Carbohydrates: 27 grams
- Fiber: 3 grams
- Protein: 15 grams