Grilled corn and chickpea salad. It has tomatoes, basil, parsley and feta (optional.) A healthy side-dish that is naturally gluten-free.
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 3 ears of corn, shucked
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 14-ounce can chickpeas, drained
- 3 scallions, sliced
- 1 cup diced tomatoes
- ½ cup chopped basil
- ½ cup chopped parsley
- ½ cup crumbled feta or goat cheese, optional
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat. Brush 1 teaspoon oil over the corn and grill until charred all over, about 7 to 9 minutes. Cool and then cut kernels off the cob.
- Whisk the remaining 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons oil, lemon juice salt and pepper in a large bowl. Stir in corn, chickpeas, tomatoes, basil and parsley. Stir in about half the feta, if using. Transfer to a serving dish and top with the remaining feta.
- Serving Size: 2/3 cup
- Calories: 231
- Sugar: 6
- Sodium: 416
- Fat: 12
- Saturated Fat: 3
- Carbohydrates: 24
- Fiber: 3
- Protein: 8
Keywords: grilled corn salad, chickpea salad