High protein breakfast smoothie called Green Mountain Smoothie after Vermont’s nickname. it is a Green smoothie with kale and Greek Yogurt.
- 3 soft dates, pitted and cut in half
- 1 banana, peeled and broken in half
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- ¾ cup apple cider or apple juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 cup ice
- 3 cups clean torn kale leaves
- Place dates, banana, yogurt, cider or juice, honey and ice in a blender. Top with kale leaves, cover and puree on high until completely smooth, 45 seconds to 1 minute. Divide between two glasses and serve immediately.
This recipe was developed for Cabot Creamery Cooperative.
Can this recipe be made ahead of time?
If kept in a mason jar in the fridge, smoothies can last 1-2 days. With that being said, they are much tastier if they’re made directly before eating, as the ingredients can separate otherwise (and melt, if using frozen ingredients).
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Category: Smoothie
- Method: Small Appliance
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 2 cups
- Calories: 358
- Fat: 3 g
Keywords: healthy greek yogurt smoothie, Green smoothie with kale, greek yogurt green smoothie, Green Smoothie with greek yogurt