High protein breakfast smoothie called Green Mountain Smoothie after Vermont’s nickname. it is a Green smoothie with spinach and Greek Yogurt.
- 3 soft dates, pitted and cut in half
- 1 banana, peeled and broken in half
- 1 cup plain Greek-style yogurt, such as Cabot
- ¾ cup apple cider or apple juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 cup ice
- 3 cups clean torn kale leaves
- Place dates, banana, yogurt, cider or juice, honey and ice in a blender. Top with kale leaves, cover and puree on high until completely smooth, 45 seconds to 1 minute. Divide between two glasses and serve immediately.
This recipe was developed for Cabot Creamery Cooperative
- Serving Size: 2 cups
- Calories: 358
- Fat: 3 g