Green Beans with Fresh Corn made into a simple salad with shallot cider vinegar dressing and fresh basil.
- 1 small shallot, minced
- 4 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound green beans, stem ends trimmed
- 1 cup corn kernels
- 1 tablespoon chopped basil
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- Combine shallot, oil, vinegar and salt in a jar and set aside.
- Bring several inches of water to a boil in a large saucepan fitted with a steamer basket. Add green beans. Top with the corn. Cover and steam until the green beans are bright green and crisp-tender, 3 to 4 minutes. Carefully remove the steamer from the saucepan and spread the vegetables out on a large platter. Shake the dressing to blend and drizzle it over the vegetables. Top with basil and pepper. Serve hot or cold.
Here is an easy way to cut corn off the cob.
- Serving Size: 1 cup each
- Calories: 76
- Sugar: 4 g
- Sodium: 281 mg
- Fat: 3 grams
- Saturated Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 10 g
- Fiber: 3 g
- Protein: 2 g