Gluten-free mini bundt cakes made with sweet potato batter. Chopped pecans, butter and brown sugar caramelize to make a praline-like topping for each bundtlette.
- ½ cup brown rice flour, plus extra for dusting pans
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- 2/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons packed light brown sugar or turbinado sugar, divided
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- ½ cup pecan flour or almond meal
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- ¾ cup pureed cooked sweet potato
- ½ cup avocado oil or organic canola oil
- ½ cup buttermilk or almond milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon almond extract (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Generously coat 6 bundtlette pans or 12-cup bundt pan with cooking spray. Dust with brown rice flour, turn to coat, and knock out excess. Stir chopped pecans, 2 tablespoons brown sugar (or turbinado) and melted butter in a small bowl. Divide pecan mixture among the bundtlettes or spread in the bottom of the bundt pan.
- Whisk pecan flour, coconut flour, baking powder, salt and the remaining 1/2 cup brown rice flour in a medium bowl.
- Beat eggs, sweet potato, oil, buttermilk (or almond milk), vanilla extract, almond extract (if using) and the remaining 2/3 cup brown sugar (or turbinado) in a large bowl. Add the flour mixture and gently beat until combined. Pour the batter over the pecan mixture in the pan (s) about ½ cup each for minis. Spreading and dividing evenly. Rap pans on the counter to allow batter to sink down around the pecan mixture. Smooth batter off the center cones of the mini bundt pans if covering.
- Bake in the center of the oven until the top springs lightly when touched, and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 40 to 45 minutes for bundlettes and 47 to 53 minutes for one regular bundt pan.
- Let cool on wire rack no more than 5 minutes for minis to 10 minutes for large. Turn out, and let cool completely.
- Serving Size: 1/2 bundtlette or 1/12 of reuglar sized bundt cake
- Calories: 255
- Sugar: 15 g
- Sodium: 141 mg
- Fat: 18 g
- Saturated Fat: 3 g
- Carbohydrates: 24 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Protein: 3 g