This gluten-free applesauce bundt snack cake is one of those recipes I have made over and over again. It is made with brown rice flour (that means it’s whole grain) and it is sweetened with honey.
- 2 eggs
- Zest from 1 orange or lemon
- 2 cups unsweetened applesauce, preferably home-made
- ½ cup honey, orange blossom if available
- 1/3 cup avocado oil or organic canola oil
- 2 cups brown rice flour
- 1 ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice or cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a large 12-cup bundt pan with cooking spray.
- Puree eggs, zest, applesauce, honey and oil in a blender or food processor.
- Whisk flour, baking soda, pumpkin pie spice and salt in a large bowl.
- Create a well in the center of the dry ingredients and pour in the wet ingredients. Gradually stir the dry into the wet and stir until combined.
- Immediately spread out into the prepared pan and transfer to the oven. Bake until golden brown and the cake springs back when lightly touched, 50 to 55 minutes.
- Let cool in pan 10 minutes before turning out onto a cooling rack. Once warm to room temperature, slice and enjoy.
Variations To Try:
Feel free to use white rice flour or gluten-free baking mix instead of the brown rice flour.
Maple syrup can be used in place of honey. We recommend using dark robust grade A pure maple for baking.
Other fruit sauces such as pear sauce or pumpkin puree may be used in place of the applesauce.
Fold in 1/2 cup chopped toasted nuts and/or raisins into the batter before adding it to the pan.
Add powdered sugar on top for decoration.
Frost with a simple icing. Try the icing from this maple almond apple cake.
Adjust seasonings by swapping in baking extract or liquor for the zest.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 55 min
- Category: Snack
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1/15th cake
- Calories: 160
- Sugar: 12.6 g
- Sodium: 214 mg
- Fat: 5 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.5 g
- Carbohydrates: 29 g
- Fiber: 1.4 g
- Protein: 2.3 g
Keywords: gluten-free applesauce cake, Healthy Applesauce Cake, applesauce bread, Gluten Free applesauce bread, Gluten Free Applesauce Snack Cake, Applesauce Cake, Gluten Free Applesauce Bundt Cake