A paleo friendly and gluten-free shredded salad with watermelon radishes, carrots and maple ginger vinaigrette. It is a refreshing break from green salad for the early spring.
- 3 cups julienne cut or shredded carrots (about 5 large)
- 1 cup julienne cut watermelon radishes, or any variety radish including Daikon
- 2 tablespoons unseasoned rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium tamari or 2 teaspoons coconut aminos
- 2 teaspoons pure maple syrup, preferably dark
- 1 teaspoon finely grated ginger root, preferably grated with a rasp-style grater
- ¼ teaspoon granulated garlic
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ cup flat leaf parsley leaves, cut into tiny ribbons or chiffonade
- Cut the carrots and radishes into matchstick or julienne. (See notes.)
- Whisk vinegar, maple syrup, tamari (or coconut aminos), ginger, garlic and salt in a large bowl. Whisk in oil.
- Add carrots, radish and parsley.
- Toss to coat. Serve immediately or chill.
Cutting the Radishes and Carrots:
Watermelon radish and daikon radish can be easily cut into matchstick (or julienne) size pieces with a mandoline.
Hand Cutting: If you do not have a mandoline, you can cut them by hand by cutting the radish into thin slabs. Stack a few up and then cut across the slabs into matchsticks.
Grate or Slice: Alternatively you can use a box grater or a food processor fitted with the grater attachment. For regular common red or pink radishes you can slice them or grate them with the food processor.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Salad
- Method: No cook
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 72
- Sugar: 6 g
- Sodium: 277 mg
- Fat: 3 g
- Saturated Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 8 g
- Fiber: 3 g
- Protein: 2 g
Keywords: carrot salad,carrot and radish salad,radish salad,radish slaw,shredded radish salad