With only 10 minutes of prep, this recipe for Garlic Lemon Chicken Marinade transforms grilled chicken breast from boring to juicy and flavorful.
- 1 lemon, preferably organic
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 to 2 tablespoon chopped pickled jalapeno, optional
- 1 tablespoon chopped oregano
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast
- Zest the lemon. Cut in half and juice it.
- Combine lemon zest and juice, garlic and olive oil in a mini prep, blender or in the blending jar for an immersion blender. Puree until the garlic is finely chopped.
- Add jalapeno, oregano, salt and pepper and pulse just to combine. Store in the refrigerator up to one week, or freeze up to 3 months.
- Place chicken in a shallow dish or in a resealable bag. Pour the marinade over it. Let chicken marinate for 4 to 12 hours.
- Preheat grill to high heat. Remove the chicken from the marinade and discard the used marinade. Grill, turning occasionally until an instant read thermometer inserted into the center of the chicken reads 165 degrees F, 6 to 8 minutes per side. Rest the chicken 5 minutes before slicing and serving.
This recipe makes enough marinade for 1 to 2 pounds chicken. You can also use boneless skinless chicken thighs or bone in chicken. For bone-in chicken, use indirect cooking heat to prevent flare-ups.
- Serving Size: 4 ounces chicken
- Calories: 223
- Sugar: 0 g
- Sodium: 223 mg
- Fat: 7 g
- Saturated Fat: 1 g
- Carbohydrates: 1 g
- Fiber: 0 g
- Protein: 37 g