Garlic Herb Grilled Chicken—6 ingredients and 20 minutes of prep will give you a gluten-free, dairy-free and low-carb entree that sings with flavor.
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled
- 2 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts, tenders separated if included, about 1 pound
- 3 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon coarse kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons dry herb mix such as Provençale or Shepherd Herb Mix
- Place garlic cloves in a large Ziploc bag, press air out and seal the bag. Smash garlic with the smooth side of a meat mallet. Open bag and add chicken breasts. Press air out of bag and reseal. Pound meat through the bag until the thickest part of the breast is level with the thinnest, about 1/2-inch thick. Open bag again and add tenders if included, vinegar, oil, salt and herb mix. Press out air and reseal bag and agitate until the chicken is coated in the herb garlic mixture. Refrigerate 30 minutes to 2 hours.
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat. Remove chicken from marinade and discard marinade. Grill chicken until no-longer pink in the center, 4 to 5 minutes per side. Alternatively, grill on a indoor grill pan over medium high heat, 6 to 8 minutes per side. Let rest about 5 minutes before slicing.
- Preheat the grill—preheating the grill is key when grilling chicken. You want the chicken to start cooking as soon as it hits the grill. If you throw the chicken onto a lukewarm grill, it’ll take more time to heat up and you’ll likely wind up with dry, overcooked chicken.
- Remove Excess Marinade– liquid will prevent the chicken from browning. So if you dab off excess marinade with a paper towel, you’ll end up with better grill marks.
- Oil The Grill- To prevent the chicken from sticking to the grill, you can oil it just before you set the chicken down on it. To do so, soak a paper towel with oil. Hold the towel with long handled tongs. Then pull the towel along the grill grates toward you to avoid flare ups.
- Serving Size: 3 1/2 ounces each
- Calories: 166
- Sugar: 0 g
- Sodium: 489 mg
- Fat: 10 g
- Saturated Fat: 2 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 1 g
- Fiber: 0 g
- Protein: 20 g
- Cholesterol: 70 mg