Here is the best way to make Foolproof Stovetop Popcorn. No burning, no missed kernels! It’s a gluten-free, whole grain snack and only 54 calories per cup.
- 3 tablespoons avocado oil or organic canola oil
- ½ cup + 3 kernels popping corn kernels, divided
- Salt, to taste
- Pour oil into the bottom of a heavy-bottomed large saucepan or soup pot. Add 3 kernels corn, cover and place over medium-high heat.
- When the three kernels pop, add the remaining ½ cup kernels. Cover the pot and swirl to coat the kernels with oil.
- Return to the heat and cook, shaking the pan occasionally to redistribute the un-popped kernels to the bottom of the pot. Continue cooking until the popping slows to less than one pop in 4 seconds. Immediately pour the popcorn to a bowl and add salt.
- Serving Size: 2 cups
- Calories: 111
- Sugar: 0 g
- Fat: 6 g
- Saturated Fat: 0 g
- Fiber: 3 g
- Protein: 2 g
Keywords: stovetop popcorn, how to make popcorn on the stove, homemade popcorn, perfect popcorn