These Easy Sesame Chicken Lettuce Wraps are ready in just 15 minutes thanks to the convenience of rotisserie chicken. They have radishes, snap peas and fresh herbs in them to give plenty of crunchy fresh flavor the whole family will devour!
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 tablespoon organic canola oil or avocado oil
- 1 tablespoon tamari sauce
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons dark pure maple syrup
- pinch crushed red pepper flake
- 3 radishes, cut into strips
- 1 cup “stringless” snap peas, sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint
- pinch salt, to taste
- ¼ cup unsalted roasted peanuts, chopped if desired
- 12 leaves Bibb lettuce, such as Boston, washed and dried
- Place chicken in a large saucepan and cover with water. Add a generous pinch of salt. Bring to a simmer over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low and continue simmering until the chicken is no-longer pink in the center, 12 to 16 minutes (depending on thickness.)
- Transfer to a cutting board and cut into bite-sized cubes and let cool 10 minutes.
- Whisk avocado oil, tamari, sesame oil, maple syrup and red pepper flake in a large bowl.
- Add chicken, radishes, snap peas, cilantro and mint and toss to coat. Season with salt if desired.
- Serve the chicken salad in the lettuce wraps, about ½ cups each. Top with peanuts.
Rotisserie chicken can be substituted for the chicken breast. One chicken will yield about 14 ounces cooked chicken. For best results use while the chicken is still hot.
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Category: entree
- Method: poach
- Cuisine: Asian
- Serving Size: 1 1/2 cup chicken mixture and 3 lettuce leaves
- Calories: 250
- Sugar: 5 g
- Fat: 18 g
- Carbohydrates: 9 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Protein: 16 g
Keywords: easy lettuce wraps,chicken lettuce wraps,asian chicken lettuce wraps,lettuce cups,healthy lettuce wraps