Easy 10-minute Mexican sauteed peppers with scallions. Such a simple side-dish to go with grilled meat. Paleo, vegan and naturally gluten-free.
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 6 cups sliced bell peppers
- 1 cup sliced scallions or green onion
- 1 tablespoon Mexican seasoning see note*
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh oregano
- ¾ teaspoon coarse kosher salt
- Heat oil in a large skillet or straight sided sauté pan over high heat. When oil is hot but not smoking, add peppers and scallions and cook, stirring often until the peppers are crisp tender and blistering in spots, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle with Mexican seasoning, oregano and salt and cook until the spices are fragrant and the peppers are just tender, 30 seconds to 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and serve immediately.
- Serving Size: 3/4 cup
- Calories: 128
- Sugar: 31 g
- Sodium: 824 mg
- Fat: 8 g
- Saturated Fat: 1 g
- Carbohydrates: 52 g
- Fiber: 16 g
- Protein: 10 g
Keywords: sauteed peppers, sauteed peppers and onions