Easy savory bread pudding recipe with ham and asparagus perfect for Easter brunch or a simple dinner with salad.
- 4 eggs
- 3 egg whites
- ¾ cup low-fat milk
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon chopped minced thyme
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 cups cubed day-old bread, preferably whole-wheat, crusts removed if desired (5 1/2 ounces)
- 1 cup diced smoked ham steak
- 1 cup sliced asparagus (1/2 bunch)
- 1 ¼ cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat an 8 X 8-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Whisk eggs, egg whites, milk, Dijon, thyme, salt, pepper and garlic powder in a large bowl. Add bread, ham, asparagus and ¾ cup shredded cheddar or Swiss cheese. Stir to combine. Transfer the bread mixture and custard to the prepared dish. Cover with parchment and foil.
- Bake until almost set-up in the center and steaming hot, 32 to 36 minutes. Remove foil, top with the remaining ½ cup cheese and bake until puffed and golden on top, 15 to 20 minutes longer.
Sat Fat: 6 grams. Fiber: 2 grams. Protein: 19grams. Sodium: 742 mg.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
- Calories: 247
- Fat: 12
Keywords: Savory bread pudding,asparagus brunch casserole, Easter brunch casserole,easy ham and asparagus bread pudding