If cooking salmon at home is something you avoid doing, then I am so excited for you to try this easy baked salmon in foil! It comes together with only a few ingredients and the clean up is so easy!
2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
1 clove garlic, minced
2 pounds salmon filet, pin bones removed, if necessary
1 ½ teaspoon The Spice Hunter Fish Seasoning Blend
1 teaspoon coarse kosher salt
Freshly ground pepper to taste
Fresh chopped parsley, optional
1 lemon cut into wedges for serving
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Stir butter and garlic in a small dish.
- Cut two 20-inch long sheets of foil, and lay overlapping on a large baking sheet to create a rectangle of foil 20 inches long by 20-inches wide. Spray center area lightly with cooking spray.
- Pat salmon dry. Place the salmon on top of the foil skin side down. Brush the butter mixture over the salmon. Sprinkle with The Spice Hunter Fish Seasoning Blend, salt and pepper. Fold the foil over the salmon and seal up into a packet.
- Transfer the baking sheet to the oven and roast until the salmon is just cooked through, 15 to 19 minutes. Carefully open packets. Sprinkle with parsley. Cut into portions and serve with lemon wedges
For best results when forming the foil packet bring the two sides together, and crimp them down the length. I try not to seal it up too close to the salmon, so that it has a little room to steam up. Then roll up the top and bottom sides of the foil to make a long narrow packet. They key is not to allow the steam to escape.
- Serving Size: 3 1/2 ounces without skin
- Calories: 209
- Fat: 11 g
- Saturated Fat: 2 g
- Carbohydrates: 1 g
- Fiber: 1 g
- Protein: 25 g