These 5-ingredient dark chocolate truffles include one flavorful secret ingredient: matcha! These truffles make for a great gift around the holidays.
- 12 ounces chopped dark chocolate (or dark chocolate chips)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¾ cup heavy cream
- ½ teaspoon matcha powder plus matcha to coat
- unsalted chopped pistachios to coat
- Place chocolate and vanilla in a medium heat proof mixing bowl and set aside.
- Heat cream in a small saucepan over medium-high heat, swirling occasionally until steaming hot and simmering along the edges. Pour over the chocolate and whisk until all the chocolate is melted, about 3 minutes. (See tip.) Whisk in ½ teaspoon matcha powder. Refrigerate until firm, 2 to 4 hours (or overnight.)
- Scoop 1 tablespoon portions of the chocolate mixture and roll into balls. Roll the balls in the remaining matcha or pistachios. Refrigerate until serving.
Tip: If the chocolate doesn’t become completely smooth, you can continue gently heating it over a double boiler, stirring constantly. Or transfer it to a microwave-safe bowl and heat 30 seconds at a time, stirring between each round until completely smooth. The mixture will become glossy.
- Serving Size: 1 truffle
- Calories: 88
- Sugar: 6 g
- Sodium: 3 mg
- Fat: 6 g
- Saturated Fat: 4 g
- Carbohydrates: 8 g
- Fiber: 1 g
- Protein: 1 g