These 5-ingredient dark chocolate truffles include one flavorful secret ingredient: matcha! These truffles make for a great gift around the holidays.
- 12 ounces chopped dark chocolate (or dark chocolate chips)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¾ cup heavy cream
- ½ teaspoon matcha powder plus matcha to coat
- unsalted chopped pistachios to coat
- Place chocolate and vanilla in a medium heat proof mixing bowl and set aside.
- Heat cream in a small saucepan over medium-high heat, swirling occasionally until steaming hot and simmering along the edges. Pour over the chocolate and whisk until all the chocolate is melted, about 3 minutes. (See tip.) Whisk in ½ teaspoon matcha powder. Refrigerate until firm, 2 to 4 hours (or overnight.)
- Scoop 1 tablespoon portions of the chocolate mixture and roll into balls. Roll the balls in the remaining matcha or pistachios. Refrigerate until serving.
If the chocolate doesn’t become completely smooth, you can continue gently heating it over a double boiler, stirring constantly. Or transfer it to a microwave-safe bowl and heat 30 seconds at a time, stirring between each round until completely smooth. The mixture will become glossy.
- Serving Size: 1 truffle
- Calories: 88
- Sugar: 6 g
- Sodium: 3 mg
- Fat: 6 g
- Saturated Fat: 4 g
- Carbohydrates: 8 g
- Fiber: 1 g
- Protein: 1 g